A Customer Support Engineer is responsible for providing the highest level of customer support to all VPO customers and users. A successful Support Engineer will oversee and maintain client VPO deployments - resolving technical issues concerning customer and user accounts, or VPO infrastructure – and diagnose and troubleshoot common problems.
- Show high standards of teamwork and professionalism actively working with other members of the Customer Support Team.
- Write end-user articles and/or record videos to be published to the VPO Support Portal (or assist others with this).
- Assist management in creating training materials pertaining to VPO troubleshooting and usage.
- Special projects, as directed and as necessary.
- Attend in-person meetings with clients to analyze, troubleshoot and diagnose system problems.
- Respond to customer inquiries and support tickets to troubleshoot and resolve challenges.
- Act as the initial point of contact for all VPO related concerns from clients or other users.
- Monitor VPO Support Portal tickets and Support email account.
- Assign support tickets and/or support emails to other members of the Customer Support Team (or other VPO teams) and follow-up to make sure issues are solved.
As an ideal candidate you are:
- An individual with superior customer service skills.
- Someone who follows up and follows through.
- Good at taking notes and recording details – documenting client meetings and interactions thoroughly; tracking activities.
- Self-disciplined, motivated, and able to manage and prioritize several projects and multiple clients at a time.
- An outstanding communicator – demonstrating professional written and interpersonal skills when interacting with clients and users.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Inquisitive and open to researching and trying new things.
- Comfortable working in and assisting others through company help desk software, such as Freshdesk in addition to other remote access desktop programs.
- Someone with extensive experience working with different operating systems including Windows and experience with Microsoft 365 apps including SharePoint, Teams, and OneDrive.
- Someone with superior time-management skills, and able to establish attainable deadlines.
- Someone who can accept constructive criticism and customer feedback.
- Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of proven experience in a heavy customer focus position involving technical knowledge of a companies' products and services.
- Additional technical certifications are a plus.
Additional experience and skills that are a plus:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business instructions and technical procedures.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- All team members work in a virtual environment and are required to maintain a clean and professional environment, routinely participate in video calls with colleagues as well as clients. Must always be “camera-ready”.
Fill out the form below to apply!