The Sales Development Representative (SDR) qualifies, engages, and excites leads--converting opportunities into sales. They not only add new customers to the VPO family, but also grow our business through cultivation of opportunities associated with our current client list. Additionally, in collaboration with marketing and subject-matter experts, they support the creation and execution of lead-generation campaigns.
Principal (Essential) Duties
- Follow up on inbound marketing leads and identify qualified opportunities, providing appropriate levels of information at the right time for interested prospects.
- Nurture and develop sales opportunities from outbound prospecting in addition to marketing-generated leads.
- Participate in VPO sales meetings and live demonstrations, and coordinate follow-up and next steps in a team selling environment.
- Provide in-depth information to the Customer Success team to facilitate qualified and productive VPO Guided Tours.
- Conduct proactive outreach and interactions with prospects with strong attention to detail.
- Partner with Customer Success/Solution Consultants to move opportunities through the initial sales process, as well as to cultivate and nurture the health of our current accounts, to grow our business.
- Continually update our CRM system, HubSpot, to ensure the sales pipelines’ quality and accuracy of information--including Deal creation, sales goals and metrics, forecasting, and dashboard reporting.
- Quickly learn VPO, including the construction management technology ecosystem.
- Effectively communicate the value proposition of the VPO solution, and be able to react to objections and competitive questions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Embodies and demonstrates our core values: See. Solve. Serve. Strengthen.
- Passion for sales and new customer acquisition
- Outgoing and inquisitive disposition
- Self-motivated and results-driven attitude
- Excited by the energy and flexibility of working at a smaller, fast-growing, technology company
- Collaborative and able to work effectively in a team selling approach
- Ability to work professionally in a work-from-home environment
- Comfort working with technology, including Microsoft 365/Teams. High proficiency with HubSpot strongly preferred. Adept at quickly mastering new systems and technological tools.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills across a variety of channels (email, social media, phone, etc.)
- Ability to develop rapport, influence others, and maintain strong working relationships
- Strong understanding of lead-development best practices and procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field preferred
- Relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of education requirement
- Minimum of three years of experience in a sales-related role
- Knowledge and/or experience in the commercial construction industry/domain is a plus.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Travel up to 5-10% to sites beyond the home office for company meetings.
- Perform light work – exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- See, hear, talk, and perform tasks requiring manual dexterity and visual acuity; kneel, sit, stand, walk, crouch, stoop, reach, pull, push, and other similar, repetitive tasks requiring physical activity.
- Operate standard office/computer equipment.
This is not an all-inclusive description. Duties, expectations, demands, etc., may be added or changed by VPO on an as-needed basis. The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply, please complete and submit this form. Thanks!