As a software developer at VPO, you will not only enhance and refine our core software solution (which provides project and documentation management for the AEC industry), but you'll also work with our consultants to understand clients’ specific needs, and then define and implement solution architectures across the Microsoft ecosystem, to meet those needs. You aren’t just writing code for a single SaaS product; you’re applying your skills to a diverse set of contexts and technologies. This will mean integrating with third-party applications, implementing “low-/no-code” solutions, learning new tools, and defining new methodologies. Working in a small team environment means you’ll have a lot of autonomy and flexibility. We’re a well-established small company that feels like a startup, and we are looking for people who love to write code, but also to collaborate and solve problems with non-code technologies; whatever is best for our clients.
Principal (Essential) Duties
- Become an expert in our VPO solution and its various C# applications, and their underlying technology stack, based on Microsoft 365, SharePoint, Power Automate, Power Shell, Power BI, and other related components.
- Evaluate and document customer business needs and technological constraints.
- Collaborate with our team and our customers to design solutions that include the processes and software that enable and support them.
- Implement technical solutions via traditional custom software development in a Microsoft-centric ecosystem, as well as via configuration, customization, low-code tools, scripting/automation, integration.
- Assess client business, financial, and technical constraints and then identify and validate solutions.
- Understand the limitations of platforms with which VPO interfaces and be creative enough to overcome these barriers with code and middleware / ETL skills.
- Provide estimates of timelines and work to be done.
- Contribute to weekly meetings where work is prioritized, assigned, and discussed.
- Manage and track your own workload across multiple projects and clients in parallel.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Embody and demonstrate our core values: See. Solve. Serve. Strengthen.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills. Be proficient in Microsoft Office 365, HubSpot, and virtual-meeting applications. Quickly master new systems and technology.
- Be detail-oriented, organized, motivated, meticulous, practical, and flexible. Handle multiple and shifting priorities effectively while maintaining professional composure.
- Work well in a fast-paced, high-energy, and team-oriented environment. Produce high-quality work under pressure, and within tight deadlines.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills; develop relationships with coworkers, business partners and colleagues. Build trust, honor commitments, and treat all with respect. Use those skills to accomplish tasks well, and within deadlines.
- Possess strong consultative communication skills.
- Work both independently and as part of a team. Resolve issues, manage conflict, exercise good judgement, and be a creative problem solver.
- Be excited by the energy and flexibility of working at a smaller, growing company.
- Work professionally in a work-from-home environment.
- Possess at least a 2-year degree in information science, computer science, or a related field.
- Relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of our education requirement.
- Have at least 5 years of professional experience implementing (and customizing for client-specific needs) complex software solutions, or 3 years working as a software developer on a product based on Microsoft platforms and/or tools.
- Be authorized to work for any employer in the USA. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
- Have strong experience working with:
- .NET C# development
- SharePoint Framework Extensions (SPFx)
- Microsoft Power Automate (Flow)
- PowerShell Scripting - ideally with CSOM and PNP
- Have some experience/familiarity with:
- The overall Microsoft 365 ecosystem, SharePoint in particular
- Azure; key components / building blocks and working in Azure Portal / Console
- Revision control in general, and, ideally, Azure DevOps/git
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Travel up to 5-10% to sites beyond the home office for company meetings.
- Perform light work – exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- See, hear, talk and perform tasks requiring manual dexterity and visual acuity; kneel, sit, stand, walk, crouch, stoop, reach, pull, push and other similar, repetitive tasks requiring physical activity.
- Able to operate standard office/computer equipment.
This is not an all-inclusive description. Duties, expectations, demands, etc., may be added or changed by VPO on an as-needed basis. The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply, please complete and submit this form. Thanks!