As a Solution Consultant at The Simplex Group, you will perform strategic consulting; engaging with clients to discover new opportunities, elicit high-level business and technical requirements, evaluate, and propose solutions based on our Microsoft-focused solution stack, define the right team mix of skills and methods to successfully implement projects, and estimate the work to be done. You will be an integral part of the sales process in our existing customer relationships as well as winning new accounts, but also must be a technical leader within our organization.
You help inspire vision within our customers, overcome hurdles and constraints, and balance helping our sales team win business with ensuring our team and technology can deliver the vision you co-create within schedule and budget constraints. You also know the best solution is not always delivered via technology or technology alone; you’re able to identify and resolve process issues and lead effective process change.
This position is not for you if you would prefer to be handed requirements and implement them in custom C# code or via customizing SharePoint or integrating off-the-shelf applications. You have done that work before and it has prepared you for this; now you’re looking to work earlier in the solution cycle, defining proper requirements and architecting those solutions. Don’t worry; we’ll let you get your hands dirty from time to time to keep your technical skills sharp and to facilitate cross training / knowledge sharing across our team.
- Partner with our sales team in customer meetings and workshops
- Facilitate and execute product / solution / proof-of-concept demos
- Lead and document functional and non-functional requirements gathering efforts
- Define and recommend technical and business process solutions for customers, including user experience/design, architectural quality metrics, and points/methods of integration.
- Determine the skillsets needed to deliver solutions to clients to assist our leadership team in making work/team assignments
- Lead consulting estimation efforts working collaboratively with the consulting delivery team
- Lead the transition from the sales/business development cycle to actual project implementation
- Collaborate directly with clients, as well as internal teams (Customer Success, Sales, Development) to ensure smooth solution delivery and facilitate our commitment to long-term customer success.
- Provide training to our customers on custom solutions
As an ideal candidate you are:
- An outstanding problem solver, including the ability to meet business requirements with well-thought-out technical solutions that align with client priorities and constraints
- Extroverted and self-confident
- Willing to work in a fast-paced, complex environment in multiple roles
- Self-motivated and results-driven
- Excited by the energy and flexibility of working at an innovative company
- Interested in the commercial construction industry/domain
- Excellent interpersonal, persuasion, presentation and writing skills
- Microsoft SharePoint Online solution development and customization, as well as data and process integration with SharePoint or similar environments – you have first-hand experience with the power and constraints of SharePoint-based solutions
- Microsoft Power Automate (Flow)
- Documenting and diagramming solution architectures that are not necessarily green-field custom application development endeavors, but architectures that work with clients diverse, existing application and infrastructure landscapes, integrating data across systems, building on top of platforms and tools, ideally within the Microsoft ecosystem
- You are not an “astronaut” or “ivory-tower” architect; you have hands-on experience building successful solutions
- At least 5 years of professional experience implementing (and customizing for client-specific needs) complex software solutions, or 3+ years working as a software developer on a product based on Microsoft platforms and/or tools
- At least 2 years of experience in some customer-facing technical consulting / leadership role
- At least a bachelor’s degree in information science, computer science, or a related area of study
Additional experience and skills that are a plus:
- Power BI (or experience with competing BI tools like Tableau)
- Microsoft Power Apps
- PowerShell Scripting
- .NET framework (C#)
- Sharegate or similar tools for deployment automation
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure components and cloud architectural patterns
Fill out the form below to apply!